Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles

Friday, April 16, 2010

Yummy Spaghetti


So I started out making my mom's recipe for spaghetti sauce, but I changed it up so much it's my own. So enjoy!

Angela's Spaghetti Sauce:

1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. ground meat (beef, turkey... or even no meat at all)
1 large (28 oz.) can diced or crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 large fresh tomato (I use "tomatoes on the vine")
Lots of fresh chopped basil, to taste
2 T. fresh oregano, chopped
1 T. dried parsley
S&P to taste
Olive oil

In large pot saute onion and garlic with 2-4 T. olive oil. Add desired ground meat, and brown. Add the can of tomatoes, fresh tomato and paste. Season with oregano, parsley and basil. I use about 2 handfuls of fresh basil. Then add S&P to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with your favorite pasta and the Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread from my previous post. :)

*If you want to sneak in some extra veggies without the kids knowin' you can add shredded carrots, zucchini or mushrooms.
**if you don't have fresh oregano, you would be fine using dried. I wouldn't use dried basil though, because thats where a lot of the freshness comes from. I always like using mostly fresh ingredients, that's why I added a fresh tomato in the recipe, so it wasn't all canned.
***Add what you want or take things out and make it your own! :) But share with us what you did :)




No comments:

Post a Comment