Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Something healthy and tasty to start!


I originally found this recipe on the food network, but tweaked it A LOT, so I think I can claim it as my own. Garbanzo beans, otherwise known as "chickpeas" are high in fiber and a great source of protein. It's also used as the base in Hummus!

This Recipe is super fresh and clean. Tastes great the next day too.

Avocado-Chickpea Salad

1-can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
2-avocados, chopped
2-roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1/8 c. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. paprika
Squeeze fresh lime
Handful fresh cilantro (chopped)

Add all items to bowl, mix. Top with crumbled tortilla chips just prior to serving.
*I usually use the blue corn tortilla chips from Trader Joe's

**Last night I made my own tortilla strips: I sliced corn tortillas into strips, sprayed them with cooking spray and topped them with fresh ground Sea Salt. I placed them on a cookie sheet in the oven at 400 until crispy. They cook quick so keep an eye on them. :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds sooo yummy. Thanks for sharing!

    Elizabeth Solomon

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Prob...It is really yummy, and healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete