Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles

Friday, January 7, 2011

Cowgirl Cookies

I made these cookie mixes for people for Christmas. I got the idea from Bakerella. She does the cutest things on her website. Her cake pops are the most amazing things ever! You have to check them out! Anyway, here is what my jars turned out like:

These are the finished product:

This particular batch had Christmas m&m's so it would be sort of a Christmas theme. I wanted the girls to be able to use it as decoration if they wanted, so that's why I didn't add the m&m's in the jar where they would be visible.

This is how you would arrange them in the jar:

Start with:
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms

3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

1/2 cup white sugar

1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans, or enough to fill to the top of the jar.
*If you don't want to use nuts, just add more m&m's, or chocolate chips.

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Stir dry ingredients into large bowl and add:
1/2 cup butter (almost melted)
1 slightly beaten egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix thoroughly. I used my hands to combine because the mixture was fairly dry. I also refrigerated mine for 30 minutes so mixture would stick together. Then roll into balls and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

These cookies turn out very chewy and crunchy. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment