Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons

I love coconut, and macaroons are one of my fav's. I thought they would be a pain in the neck to make, but they were SOOO EASY and actually fun to make! The final outcome was super delicious. They are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. I am surprised I haven't eaten them all yet...cuz let me tell you, they are worth every calorie. :) They also would be a great addition to a package you would send in the mail to a family or friend, because they seem pretty sturdy and I think would hold up well.
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons:

2/3 c. flour
1- 14 oz. bag of flaked coconut
1/4 tsp. salt
1- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
*High Quality dipping chocolate of your choice (I use Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mat. (I used a Silpat)

In small bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and both extracts. In separate, large bowl, mix together the coconut, flour and salt. Add the milk mixture to the coconut mixture and blend together with a spoon or clean hands until well blended.

Use a cookie scoop to place mixture on baking sheets.

Bake in oven for 16-19 minutes, or until coconut is toasted.

If desired, dip cooled cookies into melted chocolate of your choice.
* I melted Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power for about 1 and a half minutes and stirred it until the bowl was no longer warm. Then I dipped and drizzled away and let cool on waxed paper until the chocolate hardened.


No comments:

Post a Comment