Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cake Pops!


Happy Easter!

I finally made cake pops! They are super easy but kind of time consuming. I am obsessed with Bakerella's website. She makes the cutest cake pops and just came out with her own cake pop book. This was my first try, so they were a little stressful to make. But I just need some practice with my technique. The eggs were a little tricky to form, so they didn't turn out perfect, but I gave it my best.

Ingredients:

Cake mix, as directed on the box (oil, eggs, water)
Jar of frosting
Candy melts
Decorations

*This time I made lemon cake with vanilla frosting and added fresh grated lemon rind to the frosting, with vanilla candy melts :) yum!*

Directions:

Bake desired cake mix or homemade cake as directed on the box in a 13x9 inch pan.

Wait for cake to completely cool, then crumble the cake into a big mixing bowl.

Add 3/4 of a jar of desired frosting to the cake, and mix until frosting is blended completely with the cake. I use the back of a wooden spoon to mix it all together. If it seems dry, add more frosting.

Then form mixture into balls. I do this with a cookie scoop and roll with my (clean) hands to form into ball. Place the formed balls on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.

Cake balls:

Place directly into refrigerator or freezer. (Freeze for at least 1 hour before dipping)

Cake Pops:

Dip lollipop sticks into "melted" candy melts less than half way then stick into individual balls. Put cake pops on lined cookie sheet and place into refrigerator or freezer. (Freeze for at least 1 hour before dipping)

When cake pops/balls are nice and cold, dip into melted "candy melts" and place back on waxed paper. And...Decorate!

*If melting Candy melts or almond bark in the microwave, please make sure to do it on the defrost setting or at 50% power, or the chocolate will burn!



No comments:

Post a Comment