Oreo Truffles

Oreo Truffles

Sunday, May 16, 2010

What? They're Whole Wheat?


So I have the day off work, and I really wanted to bake something new to put on the blog. (and to eat...of course!!!) Justin said I should try to make something "healthy". So I decided to make whole wheat cookies. In reality, they aren't really "healthy", but they are better for you than white flour cookies, they also have oatmeal and eggs.... so they are a GREAT balanced breakfast food. :) Okay, fine, I tried! Anyway, they are really yummy, and I really don't think people would be able to tell they are whole wheat, unless you told them. So try them and let me know what you think! :) Mine came out perfect and chewy with a slight crunch on the outside. Yum!

They say this recipe is similar to the Great Harvest Bread company cookies, which are one of my fav! I added vanilla to the recipe, I can't make chocolate chip cookies without it! I also accidentally forgot salt, but thankfully we didn't miss it! :)






Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

2 cups whole wheat flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups brown sugar, packed

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups rolled oats

2 eggs

2 tablespoons molasses

1 tablespoon milk

1 tsp. vanilla

1 package milk chocolate chips (I love the ghiradelli ones!)

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

Beat together brown sugar and butter until well combined. Add oats, eggs, molasses, vanilla and milk; beat well. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture; mix until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop dough and drop about 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes, until just starting to brown around the outside. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove and cool on racks. Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment